1. Tasman Holiday Parks commitment to your privacy
At Tasman Holiday Parks we recognise the importance of your data and your privacy rights, and are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in an open and transparent way.
- We provide services to our customers
- People use our websites or otherwise provide information to us; and
- We perform any other activities that form part of the operation of our business
When handling personal information, we will comply with:
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Aust Privacy Act); and
- The New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 as amended from time to time (NZ Privacy Act); and
- Where applicable, we will also comply with data protection laws of other jurisdictions, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation. We take our obligations under the Aust Privacy Act, including the APPs, the NZ Privacy Act and other applicable data protection laws seriously.
2. Types of personal information we collect and hold
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, gender, addresses, email addresses, phone, billing information, car registration details, social media details and account details.
We may collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from our customers to enable us to deliver services to them;
- When performing other activities that form part of the operation of our business, but which do not directly form part of providing services to our customers;
- From suppliers, contractors and third-party service providers that we engage to help us operate our business.
What sensitive information do we collect?
Sensitive information is defined in the Aust Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
We do not collect sensitive information.
Our website uses the analytics tools such as Google Analytics. These services transmit website traffic data to Google that may be located outside of Australia. These services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How we use personal information
- To provide services to our customers;
- In undertaking marketing and research with our customers and other people;
- In understanding website traffic and usage;
- To seek feedback on our services;
- To manage, improve and tailor the user experience on our websites;
- To facilitate our internal and external business processes, including financial operations and reporting;
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our services; and
- For such secondary purposes that are closely related to the purposes above in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
- We do not use personal information for any other purposes unless it is necessary to comply with a legal right or duty.
When will we disclose your personal information?
We will only disclose your personal information as set out below. Importantly, we will never disclose or sell your personal information to third parties for advertising purposes or for any other purpose without your authorisation.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Other entities that we own or control;
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Third parties that we engage to assist us in providing services to our customers or in the operation of our business (for example, our subcontractors, advisors and suppliers).
We may also be required to disclose personal information when required by law.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership and promotional purposes.
Security of personal information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic formats. We use a range of physical, operational and technological security measures to protect this information.
3. Transfer of personal information outside Australia and New Zealand
We may store personal information within services provided by offshore cloud service providers.
Some of the recipients of your personal information referenced above may be based in countries or regions outside of Australia and New Zealand. Accordingly, any personal information that is collected may be transferred to countries or regions with privacy laws that are different from the privacy laws that apply to this Policy. We will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will only be undertaken in compliance with our legal obligations.
Please note that there are various online applications or services that allow you to share content with other users that may be linked to our websites or directed to you by means. Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these services and applications can be read, collected and used by other users. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute will be handled in accordance with this Policy.
4. Access to, or correction of, your personal information
You may access your personal information or seek to have that information corrected if you believe that it is incorrect at any time.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us by emailing the Privacy Officer at [email protected]
To protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
How long do we store information for?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used.
We will determine this time period at our discretion.
How to lodge a complaint if you think your information has been mishandled
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact the Privacy Officer at:
Level 4, 28 O’Connell Street
Sydney, NSW, 2000
We take all the privacy complaints we receive seriously.
We will acknowledge the receipt of a complaint and will work with you to resolve it. If you would like more information about our process for handling complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer above.
5. Breach notification
If there is a breach of privacy involving your personal information, we will comply with any legal obligations in the Aust Privacy Act and/or the NZ Privacy Act.
Where can I find out more about my privacy rights?
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit:
If you are in Australia – the Office of Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au; and
If you are in New Zealand – the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz.
6. Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
This Policy was last updated in October 2021.